ATA Tigers is a unique program for children ages 3-6. All Classes are taught using the most safe, fun, and exciting instruction methods available for this age group. This program works in conjunction with the Karate for Kids program, thereby emphasizing the same important monthly themes and value system.
Morris Martial Arts ATA Tigers Program
In addition to our internationally recognized Karate for Kids program, we offer the Taekwondo for ATA Tiger program. The Tiger program was developed specifically for preschool-age children ages 3 through 6. This program offers children a strong foundation in essential character qualities such as courtesy, respect, and discipline. In addition, the program is designed to improve children’s motor skills and enhance their ability to pay attention and follow directions. All classes are taught using the safest, fun, and exciting instruction methods available for this age group. This program works in conjunction with the Karate for Kids program, thereby emphasizing the same important monthly themes and value system.
Just like in the Karate for Kids program, ATA Tigers have their own unique victory bag tag and “Victory Stars.” Stars are earned in the same way as the Karate for Kids program, with slight modifications in recognition of the preschool age of the child. For instance, one of the ways a child can receive a Victory Star is by parents recording the child’s good deeds on a Good Deed Sheet and turning it in to the instructor. Four different colored victory patches are available to accommodate all the stars that can be earned by a high
The ATA Tigers program includes a 9 book series by award winning writers and illustrators. Each book is carefully crafted to showcase life skills and teachable moments. The ATA Tiger books are sure to be one of your child’s favorite stories and a great tool to reinforce the skills parents teach at home.
Each time your Tiger is ready to graduate (advance in rank) they will receive the following:
- Their new animal print belt that matches their rank’s character.
- A stuffed plush animal to represent that character.
- A book to read and learn from while training in that rank.
Tigers are asked to bring their stuffed animal to class every day to train with in their gear bag.
ATA Tigers Belt Rank Characters
At the heart of the ATA Tigers program are the nine awesomely animated characters who in story form, train with the students. Each character has a distinctive personality that can be used to help teach life lessons to Tiger students.
A Little More About ATA Tigers
There is never a martial art student too young to start their own journey. That’s why at ATA, the foundation of our values and character traits are formed very early in our students. Start your child on the path to confidence, focus, and discipline with the ATA Tigers program, designed for pre-school and kindergarten-aged children. Some of the highlights of this program include:
- ATA Tiger classes provide students with entertaining, exciting training that helps nurture socialization and fine motor skills.
- With custom-designed characters, ATA’s youngest students can experience interaction as they set goals to move up in belt rank.
- These small, but mighty, martial artists practice the same Songahm principles as the older students, but with instruction methods best suited for this age group.
- Each student practices goal setting and begins to understand the power of achievement as they move through the ATA ranks.
- Students are given a fun and engaging environment to learn life skills they will use as they grow into the older martial arts programs.
Let your youngest family member begin taking the steps toward achieving their black belt!
It’s never too early to begin practicing confidence!